We get together with friends and always talk about how life was so much easier when we were younger. The truth is, life is still easy and it will always be. The fact is that as we get older, we end up complicating life for ourselves. When we were young, we saw the world around us through simple eyes. All this changes as we get older, as we begin to be affected by negative influences, as we stumble and fall and go through experiences. We make our lives so difficult over a course of time that we end up losing touch with who we are and what we need.
So why don’t we make things easier? Follow these 30 ways to make life simple again.
1. Communicate with others. Don’t try to read their minds and don’t let other people read yours. Talk and listen.
2. Be polite. Be kind. Don’t try to be friends with everyone you meet. Spend your time nurturing the relationships that matter most to you.
3. The one thing that you need all your life is your health. Take care of it. Go for an annual check-up.
4. Always live below your means. Stop buying stuff you don’t need. Sleep on big purchases. No matter how much money you have, create a budget and stick by it.
5. Ensure that you give your body enough sleep every night. An exhausted mind and body is rarely productive.
6. Wake up 30 minutes earlier every morning so you don’t have to rush around like a mad man. These 30 minutes will give let you have your morning coffee in peace, pray in peace and get to work without a speeding ticket!
7. Don’t waste your time and energy on jealousy. The only person you should compete against is yourself.
8. When you are upset, mad or sad, don’t consume alcohol or use drugs. Take a jog.
9. Always fill your gas tank on the way home and never on the way to work in the mornings.
10. Use technology to automate tasks when you can. It makes life easier.
11. Tell your loved ones how much you love them as often as you can.
12. Do one thing at a time and give it all you have got.
13. Learn to cook and start cooking.
14. Stay out of other’s people drama in life. And don’t create your own dramas unnecessarily. Communicate.
15. Use cash and not plastic as much as you can.
16. Smile as much as you can, even to strangers you meet.
17. If you absolutely hate doing something, either stop hating it or stop doing it.
18. Treat everyone you know with the same respect that you would have for an elderly in your family and the same level of patience you would have for your baby.
19. When in the wrong, apologize.
20. Learn something new regularly.
21. Don’t worry too much about what other people think about you.
22. Spend more time with people who are likeminded, driven, positive and smart.
23. Don’t text and drive. Don’t drink and drive.
24. When you are thirsty, drink water and not a soda or juice unless it is fresh.
25. Don’t eat when you are bored; only eat when you are hungry.
26. Exercise every day. No negotiations.
27. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t waste your life fulfilling someone else’s dream.
28. Know that situations, good or bad, change all the time.
29. If you don’t want to frustrate yourself, excel at everything you do.
30. Celebrate all your victories. Even the small ones.
Enjoy the simple pleasures of life. They are free and they are usually better than all the things money can buy!